Some of the recent awards won by The Nebraska Medical Center include:
- The Nebraska Medical Center has been named one of America’s best hospitals in U.S. News & World Report’s 2008 publication of America’s Best Hospitals. For the first time, the medical center is ranked for two services, Cancer (39th) and Neurology & Neurosurgery (41st).
- The Nebraska Medical Center has been recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines(SM) (GWTG) program for the second year in a row for following evidence-based guidelines for treating patients with stroke. The Nebraska Medical Center received the Gold (Sustained) Performance Achievement Award for its performance in treating stroke patients using the program.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska has named The Nebraska Medical Center as a Blue Distinction Center for Complex and Rare Cancers. Blue Distinction Centers for Complex and Rare Cancers were developed in strategic collaboration with the National Comprehensive Cancer Network* (NCCN) and input from a panel of leading clinicians and professional organizations.
- J.D. Power and Associates, one of the world’s leading independent marketing information firms, has designated The Nebraska Medical Center as a Distinguished Hospital for Service Excellence.
- 176 physicians at The Nebraska Medical Center are recognized among the “Best Doctors of America.”
- Platinum Level Well Workplace award – Recognizes organizations committed to improving the health and physical well-being of its workforce. The Nebraska Medical Center was the first hospital, and one of the only eight organizations in the U.S. to reach Platinum status.
- 2006 National Consumer Choice Award – The National Research Corporation (NRC) conducted a large consumer study and found the hospital to have the best quality health care service in the region.
- Magnet designation for extraordinary nursing care by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®.
- The Nebraska Medical Center has achieved recognition in the Edgerton Award Program at the level of Progress from the state of Nebraska, distinguishing the hospital’s commitment to quality management and corporate practices where are designed to grow and support excellence.
- The Nebraska Medical Center is among a select few in the nation to receive recognition among the Thomson 100 Top Hospitals®: Performance Improvement Leaders. The national list, released August 6, 2007, identifies those U.S. hospitals which are improving the fastest and most consistently in clinical quality and efficiency.