The INBRE program in Nebraska has aligned their goals with the objectives of the NIH IDeA Program. These goals include:
- Establish a multidisciplinary research network with a scientific focus that will build and strengthen the lead and partner institutions' research expertise and infrastructure.
- Build and increase the research base and capacity by providing research support to faculty, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students at the participating institutions.
- Provide research opportunities for undergraduate students and serve as a pipeline for undergraduate students to continue in health research careers.
- Promote research collaborations between undergraduate campuses and research institutions.
- Provide outreach activities to students at undergraduate institutions, community colleges and tribal colleges.
- Enhance science and technology knowledge of the states workforce.