Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Division of Cardiology
Department of Internal Medicine
982265 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-2265
Durham Outpatient Center
For An Appointment Call (402)559-8888
Toll Free 1-800-97-HEART (1-800-974-3278)
The Nebraska Medical Center
Children's Hospital and Medical Center
University of Michigan Medical School (Ann Arbor, MI)
Doctor of Medicine, 2001
Indiana University (Indianapolis, IN)
Resident - Internal Medicine/ Pediatrics, 2005
Chief Resident - Internal Medicine/ Pediatrics, 2005
The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children's Hospital (Columbus, OH)
Fellow - Internal Medicine / Pediatric Cardiovascular Medicine, 2010
The Ohio State University (Columbus, OH)
Fellow - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, 2012
Dr. Tsai's clinical interests include the care of adolescents and adults with congenital heart disease, as well as management of atrial and ventricular arrhythmias. He received extensive training and board certification in both pediatric and adult medicine and cardiovascular disorders, as well as interventional cardiac electrophysiology. His particular interest is in the application of state-of-the art catheter ablation and pacing technologies to the treatment of arrhythmias in complex congenital heart disease.
Research Expertise / Interest:
Dr. Tsai's research focuses on improvement of clinical outcomes and quality metrics in adult congenital heart disease and arrhythmia therapy.
1. Tsai SF, Hill SL, Cheatham JP. Treatment of aortic arch aneurysm with a NuMED covered stent and restoration of flow to excluded left subclavian artery—perforation and dilation of e-PTFE can be done! Cathet Cardiovasc Intervent 2009; 73:385-389.
2. Tsai SF, Ebenroth ES, Hurwitz RA, Cordes TM, Schannberger MS, Batra AS. Is left ventricular noncompaction in children truly an isolated lesion? Pediatr Cardiol 2009; 30:597-602.
3. Tsai SF, Chan DP, Ro PS, Boettner B, Daniels CJ. Rate of inducible ventricular arrhythmia in adults with congenital heart disease. Am J Cardiol 2010; 106:730-736.
4. Tsai SF, Trivedi M, Boettner B, Daniels CJ. Usefulness of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging to detect aortic abnormalities after repair of coarctation of the aorta. Am J Cardiol 2011; 107:297- 301.
5. Tsai SF, Kalbfleisch Si. The management of atrial fibrillation in a patient with unrepaired atrial septal defect. Card Electrophysiol Clin 2012; 4:127-133.
6. Tsai SF, Trivedi M, Daniels CJ. Comparing imaging modalities for screening aortic complications in patients with bicuspid aortic valve. Congenit Heart Dis 2012; 7:372-377.
7. Tsai SF, Stifles JR, Hoffman TM. Syncope. In: Weisleder P. editor. Manual of Pediatric Neurology: World Scientific Publishing, 2012:163-174.
8. Tsai SF, Houmsse M, Dakhil B, Augostini R, Hummel J, Kalbfleisch S, Liu Z, Love C, Rhodes T, Tyler J, Weiss R, Hamam I, Winner M, Daoud E. Monitoring drug-induced QTc prolongation during ventricular pacing. Supplement to Heart Rhythm 2012; 9: S212, abstract P02-167.
9. Tsai SF, Fischer A, Husain N, Olshove VF, Ro P, Cheatham JP, Galantowicz M, Cua CL. QRS duration changes in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome undergoing hybrid palliation: pre-hybrid to post-Fontan. Cardiology 2012. 16th Annual Update on Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Disease.
Faculty & Staff
- Fellowship Program
- Patient Care
- Research Activities