Fellowship Application Information
Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship Program
For the general Cardiovascular fellowship, applications must be made through ERAS. The deadline for the general Cardiovascular fellowship is August 31st for positions beginning the following July. Applications are reviewed in August and September, with interviews taking place in late September and October. Please make sure you have submitted all of the documents listed below to ERAS.
Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program (dedicated 4th-year program)
Applications for the Interventional Cardiology fellowship programs will only be accepted through ERAS. Please make application via that method. Applications will be accepted January 1st through February 28th for positions beginning the following July. You must also submit all of the documents listed below to ERAS.
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellowship Program (dedicated 4/5th-year program)
Beginning in July this will be a 2-year training period. Applications are accepted through December 31st for positions beginning the following July. Please utilize our on-line application form found on this page. You must also submit all of the documents listed below, along with a letter of recommendation from your cardiology program director.
ALL APPLICANTS must provide the following documentation. General and Interventional candidates will submit through ERAS, EP candidates may send fax or paper copies to the Fellowship Office at the address listed below.
- Personal statement concerning your short and long-term career goals
- Letter of recommendation from your internal medicine residency director
- Two additional letters of reference from other physicians who know you well
- Arrange for your Dean's letter and other credentials to be sent to the address above
- Curriculum vitae with a current photograph attached
- Medical school transcript
- ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- All three steps of USMLE are required
- A letter of recommendation from your Cardiology fellowship director (for EP and Interventional candidates)
Faculty & Staff
- Fellowship Program
- Patient Care
- Research Activities
University of Nebraska Medical Center
982265 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-2265
Phone (402) 559-9252
Fax (402) 559-8355
Fellowship On-line Application Form. The form will open in a new browser window.
For more information regarding UNMC's residency programs and benefits, visit Graduate Medical Education.