Thomas D. Sears, M.D.
Associate Professor, Internal Medicine
Division of Cardiology
982265 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-2265
Clinic Practice Location:
Durham Outpatient Center
Oakview Medical Center
For An Appointment Call (402)559-8888
Toll Free 1-800-97-HEART (1-800-974-3278)
The Nebraska Medical Center
Methodist Health Hospital
University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)
Doctor of Medicine, 1975
University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
Resident, Internal Medicine 1978
Fellow, Cardiovascular Medicine 1980
Dr. Sears is an Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Cardiology at UNMC. Dr. Sears is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and other professional associations. Dr. Sears is actively involved in the education of cardiology fellows, and has served as a member of the Cardiology Education Committee since 1977. Dr. Sears is also a long-time member of the UNMC IRB (Internal Review Board), as well as many other institutional committees. Dr. Sears is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
- Sears, T.D., Ong, Y.S., Starke, H.S., Forker, A.D.: Left Ventricular Pseudoaneurysm Identified by Cross-Divisional Echocardiography. Annuals of Internal Medicine 90:935,1979.
- Casslings, R.S., Linder, J., Sears, T.D., Waller, B.F., Rogler, W.C., Wilson, J.E., Kugker, J.D., Kay, H.D., Dillion, J.D., Slack, J.D., McManus, B,M: Quantitative Evaluation of Inflammation in Biopsy Specimens from Idiopathically Failing or Irritable Hearts: Experience in 80 Pediatric and Adult Patients. Am. Heart J. 110(4):712-720, 1985.
- Meyers, D.G., McCall, D., Sears, T.D., Olson, T.L, Felix, G.L.,: Duplex Pulsed Doppler
Echocardiography in Mitral Regurgitation. J. Clin. Ultra Sound 14:117, February 1986.
- McManus, B.M., Cassling, R.S., Soundy, T.J., Wilson, J.E., Sears, T.D., Rogler, W.C., Buehler, B.A., Wolford, J,E., Duggan, M.J., Byers, P.H., Fleming, W.H., Sanger,W.G.: Familial Aortic DisDivision in Absence of Ascending Aortic Aneurysm with Precocious Systemic Hypertension. American Journal Cardiovascular Pathology 1:885-867, 1987.
- Prentic, E., Antonson, C., Jameton, A., Graber, B., Sears, T.D.: Can Children Be Enrolled in a Placebo Controlled Randomized Clinical Trial of Synthetic Growth Hormone. IRB A Review of Human Subjects Research: Vol 11, No 1:6-10, 1989.
- Meckel, C., Wilson, J., Sears, T.D., Rogers, J., Goaley, T., McManus, B.: Myocardial Fibrosis in Endomyocardial Biopsy Specimens: Do Different Bioptomes Affect Estimation. Am. J. Cardiol. 2:309-314, 1989.
- Chow, L.H., Radio, S.J., Sears, T.D.,McManus, B.M.: Insensitivity of Right Ventricular Endomyocardial Biopsy in The Diagnosis of Myocarditis. J Am Coll Cardiol 14:915-920, 1989.
- Ng TMH, Stoner JA, Sears TD. Influence of gender on the titration of medications for chronic heart failure. Ann Pharmacother 2005; 39(2):386.Epub 2004 Dec 28.
- Sears, T.D., Starke, H.S, Forker, A.D.: Current Concepts in the Management of Acute Uncomplicated Myocardial Infarction; Chapter in Cardiac Emergencies Col. IV, 1982.
- Sears, T.D., Thrombolytic Therapy in Acute Myocardial Infarction. In Cardiovascular Emergencies (Chapter 8). Edited by: Joseph P . Ornato, M.D., Churchill Livingstone, p. 153-165, 1986.
Faculty & Staff
- Fellowship Program
- Patient Care
- Research Activities