1. Where is your hometown and where did you do your medical school training?
I grew up in Memphis, TN and went to medical school at the University of Oklahoma.
2. Why did you choose UNMC for your residency training?
UNMC had the right combination of program quality, people, fellowship opportunities, and quality of life. We work hard, but our program makes it possible to have a life outside of work. The program is small enough that you know all of your fellow residents well. Additionally, since I have kids, UNMC’s generous salary and benefits was a factor in my decision. We even get football and basketball tickets from our program! In short, UNMC was where I fit in when I came for an interview.
3. What is your favorite thing about Omaha, NE?
Omaha is large enough to have any type of activity available but small enough that you don’t have to sit in traffic all day. There are great neighborhoods everywhere in this city. Housing and other essentials are affordable.
4. What do you like to do away from work?
I spend most of my time with my wife and four kids. We enjoy cooking out in the backyard, getting together with friends for games. When I have time, I like to read a non-medical book or take my sons to various sporting events in the area. We are also active in our church.
5. What are your plans after residency?
Likely a fellowship in either Hematology/Oncology or Pulmonary/Critical Care.
Internal Medicine Residency
- Alumni Webpage
- Credentialing Requests
- HO Resources
- NAS Resources
- Our House Officers
- Resident Research Rotations
- Internal Medicine Pediatrics Residency
Internal Medicine Fellowships