Interprofessional Aging Interest Group
We have formed an Interprofessional Aging Interest Group for students (medical, nursing, pharmacy, PA's, PT/OT, social work, COPH) who are interested in working with older adults, learning about careers in geriatric medicine and issues involved with aging. The group is organized and facilitated by students who, while at UNMC, are committed to enhancing their experience as people as well as potential future health care professionals.
Activities have included: Guest speakers on geriatric topics; death and dying issues; Clinical Skills Lab; Health Fair; and an end of the year party. The faculty are excited about this activity and hope if you are interested you join.
2013 - 2014 Executive Committee:
Caci Schulte, Michael Crowe, Amy Mayer, David Bayne, Annaliese Osborn, Heidi Hu, Sarah Leavitt, Megan Bradberry, Kelli Eihusen, Colleen Snoza.
- “Bridge-to-Care” Health Fair: October 19th, 2013, 10-4PM. Munroe Middle School, 52nd & Bedford Ave
- Clinical Skills Workshop: November, 5th, 2013 5-7PM, MSC, Sim Lab, Rm 1039
- Guest Speaker:December 9th, 2013 12Noon, MSC, Rm 1005. Dr. Jason Johanning presenting, "The use of frailty to assist in surgical decision making". Free Lunch
- Sarpy County Health Fair in collaboration with Partnerships in Aging, Inc: Date TBD. Late Spring 2014.
- 4th Annual "Spring Into Wellness Health Fair" in collaboration with Elmwood Towers:March 22nd, 9am-12 noon
- Clinical Skills Workship: March 4th, 2014, 5-7PM, MSC, Sim Lab, Rm 1039
- End of Year Party - TBA
Jackie Whittington - AIG Coordinator
Division of Geriatrics, Zip 6155
- Interprofessional Education
- Medical Students
- Ambulatory Rotation Goals and Objectives
Knowledge & Skills Checklist
- Geriatric Consult Clinic Presentation Sample
- Medicare Qualifiers
- House Officer’s Association Alliance (HOAA)
- Fellowship Information
- Educational Resources
- Research Awards
- Research Activities
- Patient Care
- Home Instead Center for Successful Aging