PREVIOUS STUDENT and HOUSE OFFICER/FELLOWS RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Elizabeth Waldman, M.D. A prospective evaluation of the cumulative illness rating scale. 1992.
- Morton, Joy, PharmD., The Relationship between Sensory Impairment and Functional Status in Frail Elders. 1995. Drug-induced cognitive impairment in geriatric assessment clinic patients. 1996.
- Jin, Fawn. Serum cholesterol and nutritional state. 1996.
- Cernin, Paul. Color Perception in Alzheimer's Patients: Can we improve object recognition with color cues. 1998.
- Anderson, Jill. Medical students' attitudes regarding end of life care. 1999.
- Kahle, Kristin, MS. Factors affecting the evaluation of functional disability found on 10 item screening. 1999.
- Bazant, Mark. The Relationship between Visual and Hearing Impairment and Depression in Geriatric Assessment Clinic Patients. 2001. Visual Impairment and Psychosis in the Frail Elderly. 2002.
- Langdon, Melissa. Prevalence of use of hip protectors for fracture prevention in rural nursing homes. 2003.
- Shook, Gina. Illumination and Function. 2003.
- Gustafson, Annie. Illumination, Function & Eye Pathologies. 2004.
- Lee, Jan. Contrast Sensitivity & Function. 2005
- Olson, Emily. The Availability of Mental Health Services in Nursing Homes: Medical Director Perceptions. 2007, 2008.
- Hurlbert, Anna. An Evaluation of Geriatrics Residents’ Education in Transitional Care. 2008.
- Varon, Matt. Difficulty of having an end of life conversation with the multimorbid patient. 2009.
- Brown, Lisa. Caregiver burden should be evaluated during geriatric assessment. 1990.
- Kaspar-Cope, Shelly. Caregivers of strongly supported dependent individuals still experience substantial burden. 1991.
- Manganaro, Maureen. Detection of alcohol use and misuse in older outpatient veterans. 1993.
- Magnuson, Thomas. The Significance of Social Network in a Geriatric Assessment Population. 1995.
- Demidovich, Tatiana. Outcomes of rehabilitation on a geriatric rehabilitation unit (GRU). 1997.
- Endo, Justin. Is there an association between vitamin B-12 deficiency and incontinence in older patients? 2000. Alcohol use in assisted living facilities. 2001.
- Ortmann, Laura. The Relationship between multiple functional impairments and mortality in geriatric medicine clinic outpatients. 2001.
- Witbrodt, Brad. Validation of cell phone based mobile monitoring to measure functional activity in community dwelling elders. 2009
- Carlson, Rick. Determining how CNS regional neuroinflammation contributes to age-related decline in the functional behaviors of eating, drinking, and maintenance of physical activity. 2009.
- Scholer, Susan. Does the Williams manual test predict service use among community dwelling elderly? 1990.
- Malloy, Timothy. Relationship of hearing impairment to dementia. 1990.
- Goodwin, Linda. Factors influencing neuroleptic drug use in nursing homes. 1990.
- Siegel, Mitch . A controlled trial of oral hygiene to improve oral health in nursing facilities. 1991
- Keller, Brenda. Predictors of mortality in outpatient geriatric evaluation and management of patients. 1993.
- Osborne, Tracy. The prevalence, composition, and function of ethics committees in nursing facilities: Results of a random national survey of American Health Care Association members. 1998.
- Ayedun, Aodele. Appropriate use of bladder catheters upon discharge from an acute care hospital. 1998.
- Choudhary, Ranu. Predictors of time to death in community dwelling patients with mild Alzheimer's disease. 1998.
- Assadullah, Saira. Is there an association between vitamin B-12 deficiency and incontinence in older patients? 2000.
- Biswas, Neena. Evaluation and treatment of chronic pain in older patients. 2000.
- Mostek, Debra. Estrogen and NSAID use and the Onset and Course of Dementia. 2000.
- Suslow, Alexandra. The Effect of Infection Control Policies and Procedures on the Incidence of MRSA and VRE in Nursing Facilities in Nebraska. 2001.
- Arora, Amit. Factors Predicting Screening Mammography Before and After Geriatric Assessment. 2002.
- Wolpert, Lawrence. Vitamin D Deficiency in the Elderly. 2004
- Titman, Heather. Delirium post knee replacement. 2006.
- Padala, Kalpana. Effects of statins on cognition: a prospective withdrawal study. 2007, 2008.
- Hoarty, Carrie. Mobile monitoring of functional behaviors in elderly patients from internal medicine, family medicine and geriatric medicine clinics. 2009
- Interprofessional Education
- Medical Students
- Ambulatory Rotation Goals and Objectives
Knowledge & Skills Checklist
- Geriatric Consult Clinic Presentation Sample
- Medicare Qualifiers
- House Officer’s Association Alliance (HOAA)
- Fellowship Information
- Educational Resources
- Research Awards
- Research Activities
- Patient Care
- Home Instead Center for Successful Aging