Omaha Area Information
Omaha is a growing city located in America’s heartland. A metropolitan area of 700,000 with a low cost of living and low crime rate, it is a place of expanding industry and opportunity that has many things to offer both singles and growing families alike. Take a few moments to explore these links and find out why Omaha is a great place to live and work during your Internal Medicine residency!
- Nebraska Tourism Site. Explore the many exciting events and attractions that our wonderful state has to offer.
- Visit Omaha Website. The official homepage of the Greater Omaha Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Find links to nearly every major attraction, hotel, event, and restaurant in the Omaha area.
- Omaha Chamber of Commerce. Take a virtual tour of Omaha and learn more about our incredible economy and opportunities.
- City of Omaha. Link to the city of Omaha government page with information on the area's demographics, our local landmarks, and civic information.
- Douglas County Homepage. Link to our county website where you can find information on vehicle registration, voter registration, and other county resources.
- Omaha World Herald. Our major newspaper with complete free online access. Also find various community links, classified ads, jobs, and housing links on this site.
- The Omaha Channel. A website maintained by KETV News with local information and news.
- WOWT Website. A website maintained by WOWT News with local information and news.
- Omaha Information from Cox.net. Local information provided by Cox Communications.
- State of Nebraska Homepage. Visit here to find state government links and information.
- Omaha Weather. Visit this link to see how the weather will be when you visit Omaha.
- Omaha MapQuest Link. Locate UNMC and print driving directions from this website. Enter "University of Nebraska Medical Center" under the "Search the CityGuide" search box. Or, type "42nd Street and Emile Street, Omaha, NE, 68198" as the address to map.
Omaha Area Attractions
From the annual NCAA College World Series and the Henry Doorly Zoo to the Strategic Air Command Museum and the Omaha Symphony, Omaha has something for people of all ages and walks of life.
- Henry Doorly Omaha Zoo. See why so many people say this is the best zoo in the country! It is home to the famous Lied Jungle, Desert Dome, IMAX Theater, Hubbard Gorilla Valley, and many other exhibits. Zoo memberships are offered at discount prices to Internal Medicine residents and their family.
- Omaha's Old Market. Visit our historic Old Market, where you can find a number of unique shops, galleries, and restaurants.
- Joslyn Art Museum. As Nebraska's largest and most distinguished art museum, the Joslyn Art Museum offers a wide range of exhibitions, music, and educational programs.
- Omaha Children's Museum. The goal of this museum is to engage the imagination and create an excitement about learning through various exhibits, programs, and group learning opportunities.
- Strategic Air and Space Museum. Visit this museum, affiliated with the Offutt Air Force Base, to learn about math, science, engineering, aviation, and space through traveling and permanent exhibits and educational programs.
- Qwest Arena and Convention Center. This state-of-the-art arena is Nebraska's premier entertainment and sports venue. The convention center attracts thousands of visitors to Omaha each year. The arena is home to the Creighton Bluejays home basketball games, and Internal Medicine residents have tickets available to them free of charge through the department.
- Omaha Botanical Gardens. The garden hosts thousands of visitors annually and consists of 100 acres designed to provide visitors an opportunity to view a variety of foliage, flowers and fruits of plants from around the world.
- The Omaha Symphony. From Beethoven to Bach, fantastic performances abound at the Omaha Symphony. The Orpheum Theater also hosts other concerts throughout the year.
- The Omaha Playhouse. Numerous acts perform here and are usually sold out. Internal Medicine residents have free tickets available through the department!
- Nebraska Game and Parks Homepage. Visit here to learn more about the fantastic outdoor opportunities awaiting you near Omaha and throughout the rest of the state. Nearby is the Mahoney State Park, which offers 700 acres of fun including horseback riding, swimming, hiking trails and more. There are also numerous area lakes and rivers for fishing and recreation.
- Omaha Bike and Walking Trails. Here is a map listing of Omaha and Lincoln area bike and walking trails.
- Wildlife Safari. A great drive-through adventure where you can discover North American animals just like Lewis and Clark saw on their journey hundreds of years ago!
- Fontenelle Forest. With over 26 miles of trails near the Missouri River, this forest has a lot to offer. You can see all types incredible flowers, plants, trees, birds, and deer, as well as numerous other animals and natural events in this beautiful forest!
- College World Series Baseball. This exciting event comes to Omaha every June. Be sure not to miss your chance to attend one of these memorable games.
Internal Medicine Residency
- Credentialing Requests
- HO Resources
- NAS Resources
- Our House Officers
- Resident Research Rotations
- Internal Medicine Pediatrics Residency
Internal Medicine Fellowships