Adult Cystic Fibrosis Program
We have been transitioning patients since August of 2000 to the Nebraska Regional Cystic Fibrosis Center Adult Care Program with the goal of providing the best possible care for adults with Cystic Fibrosis. We follow approximately 155 patients.
ADULT CYSTIC FIBROSIS TEAM
The Adult Cystic Fibrosis Team includes specialists from the Adult and Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Programs.
- Peter J. Murphy, M.D., Program Director
- Austin Thompson, M.D., Associate Program Director
- John Dickinson, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Program Director
- Jill Fliege, M.S., A.P.R.N., Coordinator/Nurse Practitioner
- Andrea White, R.N., B.S.N., Center Nurse
- Janelle Sorensen, R.N., B.S.N., Center Nurse
- Jane Matsui, R.R.T., N.P.S., M.S., Center Respiratory Therapist
- Laura Romero, M.S.W., C.S.W., Center Social Worker
- Heidi Klasna, R.D., L.M.N.T., Center Dietitian
- Dee Acquazzino, B.S., Research Coordinator
- Raquel Telfer, B.S.., Research Coordinator
- Peggy Karatoprakil, B.S.,Research Coordinator
- Jeanette Danielson, Administrative Assistant
- Whitney Dailey, Administrative Assistant
The Adult Cystic Fibrosis Clinic is located in the Internal Medicine Clinic on the fifth floor of the Durham Outpatient Center. To schedule an appointment please calll our office at (402) 559.9101 and one of the adult cystic fibrosis staff will assist you. Clinic appointments are held on Mondays and Wednesday afternoons and twice a month on Friday mornings.
SICK CALLS/NURSING CALLS/MEDICATION REFILLS - MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
For new illnesses, worsening of symptoms, medication questions, refills and general nursing questions, please call (402) 559.9101.
URGENT CALLS AFTER BUSINESS HOURS, ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
For urgent calls during non-business hours, please call the hospital operator at (402) 559.4000 and ask to speak to the Adult Pulmonary Fellow on call. If you have an emergency then proceed to an emergency room.
More Information on the Adult CF Program Staff
Peter J. Murphy, M.D. and Austin Thompson, M.D. have been the adult program director and associate program director, respectively, since the inception of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Program in August of 2000. John Dickinson, M.D., Ph.D., joined the team in January of 2014. Jill Fliege became the first and only nurse practitioner/coordinator of the program when she started in April 2001. Andrea White and Janelle Sorenson, nurse specilaist, have been with the team since September, 2011 and July, 2013, respectively. Heidi Klasna, has been the dietitian since August, 2012. Our social worker, Laura Romero has been affiliated with the program since 2000. Jane Matsui has been our first respiratory therapist since January 2005. Raquel Telfer and Peggy Karatoprakil have served as research coordinators in the adult and pediatric programs since they joined our program in June 2012 and November 2009, respectively. Dee Acquazzino, who has been the coordinator of the pediatric program since 1978, is also very active in clinical research within the adult program.
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship
- Sleep Medicine Fellowship
- Resident Education
- Student Education
- Patient Care
Allergy Patient Care
- Kristina Bailey Lab
Tricia LeVan Lab
Jill Poole Lab
- Stephen I. Rennard Lab
- Joseph H. Sisson Lab
- Todd A. Wyatt Lab
- Research Opportunities
Open Faculty Positions