The Internal Medicine Research Council (IMRC) is a group that was created as a result of a departmental strategic planning session. The IMRC consists of individual representation from each of the divisions within the Department of Internal Medicine. The Vice-Chair for Research is the designated chair of the IMRC.
The IMRC administers the following Departmental activities:
- Oversight of the Internal Medicine Annual Research Awards nomination and selection process: Career Excellence in Research; Clinical Research Award; Basic Science Research Award; Fellowship Research Award; Resident Research Award, Post-doctoral Research Award, and Laureate Award for a Visiting Scientist. Current Research Award Winnersand Previous Year's Research Award Winners
- Investigate mechanisms to increase grant funding aimed at clinical research and basic science research within the department.
- Integrate the Ph.D. faculty, residents, and fellows to address issues that are research oriented.
- Serve as a group to review grants/manuscripts on an ad-hoc basis.
- Set up a mechanism to find grants, awards, and foundations to apply for grants.
Current IMRC Members:
- Debra Romberger, MD, IMRC Chair, Vice Chair for Research
- Thomas Porter, MD, Cardiology
- Brian Lowes, MD, PhD, Cardiology
- Vijay Shivaswamy, MBBS, Diabetes, Endocrinology, & Metabolism
- Carol Casey, PhD, VAMC & Gastroenterology/ Hepatology
- Dahn Clemens, PhD, VAMC & Gastroenterology/ Hepatology
- Gay Canaris, MD, MSPH, General Internal Medicine
- Stephen Bonasera, MD, PhD, Geriatrics & Gerontology
- Andre Kalil, MD,MPH, Infectious Diseases
- Babu Padanilam, MD, Nephrology
- Troy Plumb, MD, Nephrology
- Nicole Shonka, MD, Oncology/Hematology
- Lisa Muschall, administrator, Oncology/Hematology, alternate
- Tricia LeVan, PhD, Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy Medicine
- Geoff Thiele, PhD, VAMC & Rheumatology/ Immunology
- Derrick Antoniak, MD, Resident Representative
- Kara Markin, MD, Resident Representative
- Sheri Dunbar, Grants Administration Coordinator
- Selaba Travis, Research Program Associate
- September 2014 Newsletter
Internal Medicine Biobanks
Northern Plains Tribal Epidemiology Center
- Research Awards
- Research Report
- Resident Research Rotations
Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP)
Summer Undergraduate Alcohol Research Program (SUARP)
- UNMC Core Facility Directory
- 2012 Biennial Report