Alan Erickson, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine
Division of Rheumatology
University of Nebraska Medical Center
983025 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-3025
8021 S. 84th St
Lavista, NE 68128-8025
1984 B.S., Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln, NE
1990 M.D., University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE (UNMC)
1993 Internship and Residency Internal Medicine Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, CO
1995 Rheumatology Fellowship Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, CO
Current Hospital and Academic Appointments:
Assistant Professor, Section of Rheumatology and Immunology; Department of Internal Medicine, UNMC
Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Omaha Veterans Administration Medical Center Omaha, NE
Research Interests/Current Research:
Clinical research in Rheumatoid Arthritis
Selected Publications/Current Publications:
1. Erickson AR, Yeun JY, Enzenauer RJ: Chronic calcium pyrophosphate crystal deposition disease arthropathy
associated with hypomagnesemia. J Clin Rheumatology 3(1):51-53, 1997.
2. Medellin MV, Erickson AR, Enzenauer RJ: Variability of treatment for gouty arthritis between rheumatologists
and primary care physicians. J Clin Rheumatology. 3(1):24-27, 1997.
3. Erickson AR, Bray V, Enzenauer RJ, West SG: Musculoskeletal Complaints in Persian Gulf War
Veterans. J Clin Rheumatology. 4(4):181-185, 1998.
4. Erickson AR, Mikuls TR. Switching anti-TNFα agents: what is the evidence? Curr Rheumatol Rep 9: 416-20,
5. Feely M, Erickson A, O’Dell JR. Therapeutic Options for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Expert Opin Pharmacother 10:
- Research Activities