Rheumatology Research Opportunities
The Division of Rheumatology at UNMC directs the Rheumatoid Arthritis Investigational Network (RAIN) which is a consortium of rheumatologists throughout the Midwest that design and conduct clinical trials designed to elucidate better treatments for RA. Over the last 12 years, a number of trials have been completed and results published.
Potential Rheumatology Research Projects:
Amy Cannella, MD 559-7288
- The use of ultrasound imaging techniques in rheumatic disease.
Ted Mikuls, MD 559-7288
- Gout treatment safety and gout quality of care.
- Omaha VA Rheumatoid Arthritis (OVARA) Registry: study of disease epidemiology and outcomes in veterans with RA.
- Environmental (i.e. smoking) and genetic determinants of RA risk and outcomes.
- Post-operative outcomes in RA patients undergoing total joint arthroplasty.
- Epidemiology and outcomes of lymphoproliferative disease in the context of RA.
- Associations of periodontal disease with RA.
Jim O'Dell, MD 559-7288
- Are There Correlations Between Lab Changes and Joint Scores?
- How Do Methotrexate Dose, Folic Acid Dose, and MCV Correlate and How Does This Correlate With Outcome?
- How Does Patient-Derived Information (Health Assessment Questionnaires, Patient Pain Scale, etc.) Correlate With Physician-Derived Parameters?
- Research Activities