Exporting Contacts from Lotus Notes 8.0.2 Template
- You must be logged into the client version.
- Open Lotus Notes.
- Click the Contacts icon.
- If you want to Export all of your contacts, skip to step 8.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Preferences”.
- Click on “Basic Notes Client Configuration” and scroll down to the bottom of the “Additional Options” box. If there is not a check mark next to “Show check marks in margin for selected documents”, click on it to add the check mark. Click “OK”.
- In your contact list, click next to the contacts you wish to export. To remove the check mark, click on the contact again.
- Click on the "File" menu and then select "Export"
- Browse to select directory where you want to save the file and enter a file name.
- Select Comman Separated Value (.csv) as the ‘Save as type’
- Click Export
- On the CSV Export pop-up, ensure the following items are selected:
- How much to export = “All documents” or “Select documents” if you selected contacts
- Export Character Set = Default character set
- Detail to Incorporate = leave blank
Importing into Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Click the File tab.
- Click Import and Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Under Select the file type to import, click the file type of file you want to import, and then click Next.
- The most common is Comma Separated Values (Windows), also known as a CSV file
- Under File to import, click Browse, select the file that you want to import, and then click OK.
- In the Import a File dialog box, under Options, click one of the following:
- Replace duplicates with items imported If an Outlook contact already exists, it is replaced by the information that you are importing.
- Allow duplicates to be created If an Outlook contact exists, the imported contact is created as a second contact.
- Do not import duplicate items If an Outlook contact exists, the information for the imported contact is not imported.
- Click Next.
- In the Import a File dialog box, under Select destination folder, click a folder for the imported contacts and then click Next.
- This usually is the Contacts folder unless you have multiple accounts, or have created multiple contact folders for an account.
- Click on the box for the file you wish to import into the Contacts folder
- Select ‘Map Custom Field’
- One at a time you need to select a value on the left and drag it over and drop it on the corresponding field on the right. You will see the value on the left appear in the ‘Mapped from’ column on the right.
- Click Finish at the ‘Import a File’ screen.
- You should see a ‘Import and Export Progress’ screen appear
- When the import is complete, you should see your contacts in Outlook.
- How to / Troubleshooting
- First Glance at Outlook
- First Time Setup
- Mobile Devices
Outlook 2011 (Macs)
Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App (Light)
- Outlook (Windows vs Mac)
Questions & Answers
Remote Access (Web Mail)
CD Rom Tutorials
Class Handouts & Recordings
- LearnIt Blog