Apple Apps Purchases for UNMC Work Related Purposes
Contact Kim Strohbehn at 9-5678 or email@example.com with questions.
Three things are required to make a UNMC Apple App purchase
- Approval from the UNMC Controller's Office to use your current pCard for a one-time Apple App purchase; or request a special pCard only for Apple App purchases.
- UNMC Volume Purchase Program Facilitator account (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shared email account to be used in conjunction with the facilitator account (Contact email@example.com)
- Follow UNMC Purchasing pCard exception/approva/reconcilationl process for your App purchases.
- Verify you are purchasing the correct number of licenses to be in compliance with Apple licensing (read the small print)
- Track apps according to purchasing procedures (to be identified by purchasing).
- Safeguard the Volume Purchase Program Facilitator account. This is considered a ‘service’ account and may only be shared with others for backup and workflow purposes, but should not be widely distributed. As an example, it should not be given to all department employees.
- Manage purchased apps on department owned devices.
- Upon request, ITS will set up a shared email account and a UNMC Volume Purchase Program Facilitator account
- Communicates initial log-in information to customer
UNMC Purchasing Responsibilities
Establishes all guidelines for pCard purchases and answers related questions
Adds, Moves, Changes (Phones/Computers)
Apple App Purchases
Blackboard Help & FAQ
Cell Phones, Smartphones
- Computer Clusters
- Education Technologies
File Transfers (large files)
Flash Drive Encryption
- IDS & Passwords
- Identity Management
- Mobile Devices
Operating Systems (Windows for PCs)
Prices & Fees
- Remote Access
Software for Work and Home
- Student Resources
- Telephones/Voice Mail
UNMC Alerts (Emergency Notification)