University of Nebraska Medical Center
Online Privacy Statement
- Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to this website (“website”) which is published by the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
- Non-Personal Information UNMC Collects from You. UNMC automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The IP address of the web from which you linked directly to a UNMC website;
- The data and time you accessed a UNMC website
- The pages you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access a UNMC website
This information (:non-personal information”) does not identify you personally. UNMC uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to this website.
- Personally Identifiable Information UNMC Might Collect From You. UNMC may request that you voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to participate in the password-protected areas, download information, join UNMC mailing lists, engage in payment transactions, or for other purposes (as defined in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use). UNMC does not collect any PII about you when you visit this website unless you give UNMC that information. You may choose not to provide PII via this website. UNMC is a state agency, and as such, subject to the laws governing the Preservation and Destruction of Public Records. As UNMC determines is appropriate, UNMC will maintain or destroy PII you voluntarily provide.
- Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Unless there are restrictions on use of your PII or unless UNMC tells you otherwise, UNMC (or third parties engaged by UNMC) may use your PII to:
- Administer your participation in this website;
- Communicate information UNMC thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
- Contact you;
- Conduct research or surveys;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
- Establish or exercise UNMC’s legal rights or defend against legal claims
- Sharing Your Information. Through display, UNMC may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this website. UNMC may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website and the services UNMC provides, and they may have access to PII. Authorized users are UNMC employees or third parties who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill UNMC’s mission. UNMC may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if UNMC is required to do so by law. UNMC is a state agency, and as such, UNMC is subject to the Nebraska Public Records Act. As UNMC determines it is appropriate to do so, UNMC will disclose PII requested pursuant to this law.
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, but this may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
- Linked Sites. UNMC may provide links on this website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. UNMC encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
- Security Measures. UNMC works hard to protect the security of the information that you provide to UNMC. While UNMC strives to protect your information through measures that protect UNMC systems, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, UNMC does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk.
- Reviewing Information. You may contact us via one of the contact methods described in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use if you wish to discuss any issues regarding your PII.
- Changes: UNMC may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If UNMC does make a change, UNMC will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. UNMC encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Questions, comments or complaints about the UNMC Online Privacy Statement should be submitted to UNMC via email to email@example.com.
October 15, 2012
Adds, Moves, Changes (Phones/Computers)
Blackboard Help & FAQ
- Computer Clusters
Blackboard Help & FAQ
Audience Listening Assistive Device
Classroom Capture (Echo360)
Classroom Capture Locations
- Classroom User Guides
- Computer Clusters
- EdTech Updates/Newsletter
Faculty Development Center
Respondus LockDown Browser
- Blackboard Help & FAQ
File Transfers (large files)
Home Use Options
- IDS & Passwords
- Identity Management
- Mobile Devices
Phones, Cell Phones, Smartphones
Prices & Fees
- Remote Access
- Software Downloads
- Student Resources
UNMC Alerts (Emergency Notification)