How to Open a PST file in Outlook
Click on a link below for detailed instructions for the PC or Mac.
FIRST: Copy your .pst File to a secured location
- Click on this link provided in your email notification
- This will take you to the secured network drive where your .pst files are stored – only you have access to these files
- Find the folder with your username (double click > you will see two .pst files.
- You will see two .pst files (the larger file contains your Lotus Notes email and calendar; the smaller your Lotus Notes Contacts)
- You will see other folders and files, but will not be able to copy or open them.
- Copy both .pst files to a secured network drive or an encrypted hard drive. This can be done by dragging and dropping it to your preferred secured location; or by right clicking on files and select copy and point to the other locations and right click and select paste.
- Remember where you have saved the files.
SECOND: Open the .pst file from your Outlook PC Client or Mac Client
FOR PC (see "written instructions for Mac using Outlook 2011" for Mac instructions)
- Open your Outlook Client
- File > Open > Open Outlook Data File
- Find the file you saves and double click on it
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 to open the second file
- Note: This could take several minutes to 30 minutes depending on the size of your .pst file
- The .pst files will appear as a:
- separate folder in your mail view; a
- separate calendar in your calendar view; and a
- separate contact folder in your Contact View
Clean up my email
- How to / Troubleshooting
- First Glance at Outlook
- First Time Setup
- Mobile Devices
Off Campus E-Mail Access
Outlook 2011 (Macs)
Outlook Web App
Outlook Web App (Light)
- Outlook (Windows vs Mac)
Questions & Answers
- Clean up my email
- LearnIt Blog
- One Chart Training (provided by TNMC)