Please fully close the sash when you are not actively using the fume hood.
By shutting fume hood sashes in UNMC buildings, you are helping:
- Conserve energy and reduce our environmental impact
- Ensure your/colleagues’ safety
- Save the university $700,000 - $900,000 annually by ensuring the air exchange system runs efficiently (it works more efficiently when the fume hood sashes are shut)
- Closing the sash helps save energy by limiting the amount of conditioned air that exits the building. When the sash is left open, it’s like having a large hole in the wall of your lab that leads directly outside.
- Prevent the alarm from going off in the evening (and annoying your neighbors who are working late!) Exhaust systems reduce air flow at 7pm, if the lights are off
- Current Projects
News & Events