Blake Lancaster, PhD
985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Phone: (402) 559-2282
Blake M. Lancaster, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation and Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Western Michigan University, and completed his internship and post doctoral training at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. Dr. Lancaster conducts his clinic in a pediatric practice in the Omaha area, in the Diabetes Center at The Nebraska Medical Center, and at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. Dr. Lancaster’s research focuses on chronic disease treatment adherence, pediatric dentistry and the functional analysis & assessment of verbal behavior. He also supervises Post Doctoral Associates, APA Interns, Ph.D. students, and Masters level students in both clinical and research settings.
PhD, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 2006
BA, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan, 1997
- Biostatics for Pediatric Dental Residents
- Advanced Applied Behavior Analysis
- Development Across the Lifespan
Research Interests and Projects:
- Diabetes Treatment Adherence
- Pediatric Primary Care Research
- Functional Analysis and Treatment of Verbal Behavior
- Dental Behavioral Pediatrics
Selected Publications: (within the last 5 years)
- Lancaster, B.M., Pfeffer, B., McElligott, M., Ferguson, A.T., Miller, M., Wallace, D., and, Lane, J.T. (in press). Assessing Treatment Barriers in Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice.
- Polaha, J., Dalton, W.T., Lancaster, B.M. (2008). Parental report of medication acceptance among youth: Implications for every day practice. Southern Medical Journal, 101 (11), 1106-1112.
- Lancaster, B.M. (2005). Assessment and treatment of autism. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 72, 45-52.
- Association for Behavior Analysis
- American Diabetes Association
- American Psychological Association
- Heartland Association for Applied Behavior Analysts
- Nebraska Psychological Association
- National Association for Rural Mental Health