Cynthia R. Ellis, MD
Developmental Pediatrics Department
985380 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5380
Phone: (402) 559-4985
Dr. Cynthia Ellis is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry at the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Director of Developmental Pediatrics at the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation. She is board certified in Pediatrics, Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities. Dr. Ellis received her medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and completed residency training in Pediatrics and fellowship training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Medical College of Virginia/VCU. She has been practicing in the field of Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics for over 20 years. She has extensive clinical, research, and educational experience with children with neurodevelopmental disabilities and behavioral/emotional disorders. Her clinical expertise is in the psychopharmacological management of children with developmental disabilities and other behavioral disorders. She has also published extensively in the field. Dr. Ellis is the Director of the Munroe-Meyer Institute’s MCH-funded LEND (Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities) and ALA (Autism Leadership Academy) Interdisciplinary Training Programs. Dr. Ellis has served as the medical director for numerous public school and interdisciplinary community-based programs and as a research consultant in the field of developmental disabilities. She also participates in a number of other leadership positions on committees and boards.
Fellow, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Virginia Treatment Center for Children, Medical College of Virginia/VCU, Richmond, VA, 1988-1990
Resident in Pediatrics, Children's Medical Center, Medical College of Virginia/VCU, Richmond, Virginia, 1985-1988
Doctor of Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 1985
Bachelor of Science, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, 1981
Research Interests and Projects:
- Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Interdisciplinary Training
Selected Publications: (within the last 5 years)
- Sheridan, S.M., Warnes, E.D., Woods, K.E., Blevins, C.A., Magee, K.L., &. Ellis, C.R.(2009). An Exploratory Evaluation of Conjoint Behavioral Consultation to Promote Collaboration among Family, School, and Pediatric Systems: A Role for Pediatric School Psychologists. Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, 19, 106-129.
- Roberts, H.J., Floress, M.T. & Ellis, C.R.(2009). Training school psychologists in psychopharmacology consultation. Psychology in the Schools 46, 827-835.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Metropolitan Omaha Medical Society