The Early Childhood Family Representative Training
Has your child received early intervention services?
Would you like to become more knowledgeable and involved in the process?
This is a one-day training for family members interested in serving on their local Early Development Network Planning Region Team. As a team member, you will have the responsibility to make recommendations and provide feedback to agencies on your planning region team regarding the provision of services in your region. You will help identify gaps and barriers in your region as well.
- MaryJo Iwan, former EDN program co-lead director of Nebraska Health and Human Services during the planning and implementation of Early Intervention in Nebraska.
- Mark Smith, former vice-chair of the Nebraska Interagency Coordinating Council and member of the Federal Interagency Coordinating Council for Early Intervention, currently the Community and Family Resource Specialist at the Munroe-Meyer Institute.
- Mary Angus, Executive Director of Angus Disability Consulting
The UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation with funding from the Nebraska Early Development Network
Registration Fee (registration deadline is 5:00pm CST, November 2nd)
Travel stipends, registration, and meals will be provided at no cost.
Scholarships for lodging are available based on need on a first-come, first-served basis
Educational Service Unit #16, 1227 West 17th Street, North Platte, NE (Map)
- Heather Gill, Early Development Network Supervisor, Region 16
Phone: (308) 284-3164
- Sarah Swanson, Munroe-Meyer Institute Community & Family Resource Coordinator
Phone: (402) 559-4573 or (800) 656-3937 ext #94573
- Mark Smith, Munroe-Meyer Institute Community & Family Resource Specialist
Phone: (402) 559-5744 or (800) 656-3937 ext #95744