Eric Rush, MD
985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, Nebraska 68198-5450
Phone: (402) 559-3446
Eric Rush is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Nebraska and Clinical Geneticist at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. He is board certified in Pediatrics and Internal Medicine and is board eligible in Clinical Genetics. Dr. Rush also serves as the Associate Program Director for the Clinical Genetics Fellowship.
Fellowship, Clinical Genetics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2012
Chief Residency, Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2010
Residency, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 2009
MD, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS, 2005
BS, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 2001
PEDS 911 - Human Genetics and Cytogenetics – Biochemical Genetics
Lecturer for First-Year Medical Students Core Curriculum - Mendelian and Non-Mendelian Genetics, Pedigree Analysis and Hardy-Weinberg, Genetic Basis of Common Disorders, Genetic Testing, and Gene Therapy
UNMC/CUMC Pediatrics Residency Program – Management of Common Genetics Syndromes, Overview of Metabolic Disease, Study Design and Statistical Analysis
UNMC Family Practice Residency Program – Management of Common Genetic Syndromes, Adult Genetics, Genetic Testing/Newborn Screening
- Adult Genetics
- Cardiovascular Genetics
- Collagenopathies with particular Interest in Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Direct to Consumer Genetics and Genetics of Common Disease
Research Interests and Projects
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta and Metabolic Bone Disease
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Collagenopathies
- Neurocutaneous Disorders
- Cardiovascular Genetics
- Heterotaxy Syndromes
Selected Publications (within last 5 years)
- Rush ET, Dehaai K, Kreikemeier RM, Lutz RE. Evaluation and comparison of safety, convenience and cost of administering intravenous pamidronate infusions to children in the home and ambulatory care settings. J Pediatr Endocr. Forthcoming 2012.
- Mohebbi MR, Rush ET, Rizzo WB, Banagale RC. Zellweger Syndrome and Associated Brain Malformations: Report of a Novel Peroxin1 (PEX1) Mutation in a Native American Infant.J Child Neurol. 2012 Feb 28. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 2237867
- Rush ET, Schaefer GB. Identification of an X-linked deletion syndrome through Comparative Genomic Hybridization Microarray. Seminars in Pediatric Neurology. 2010 Mar; 17(1):51-53.
Posters and Abstracts
- Wiggins ML, Dave BJ, Pickering DL, Stevens JM, Golden DM, Carstens JM, Bishay D, Rush E, Lutz R, Sanger WG. Intragenic De Novo Deletion of COL11A1 in Patient with Stickler/Marshall Syndrome; (Abstract/Program#1001F). Presented at the 12th International Congress of Human Genetics/61st annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics, October 14, 2011. Montreal, Canada.
- Rush ET, Stevens JM, Sanger WG, Olney AH. A Novel Deletion Syndrome located at 7q34-q36.1 in a patient with developmental delay, hearing loss, growth retardation, and cleft lip and palate. American College of Medical Genetics Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC. 19 March 2011.
- Rush ET, Kratochvil-Stava AJ, Coulter DW. The Use of Quantitative Data to Predict Passage of the American Board of Pediatrics in a Cohort of Pediatrics Residents. Pediatric Academic Society Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC, 2 May 2010.
Presentations and Lectures to Professional Audiences (last three years)
- Rush ET. The Genetics of Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder. Munroe-Meyer Institute Annual Symposium. 15 June 2012.
- Rush ET. Genetics of Common Pediatric Disease. Breakfast with an Expert. Creighton University Medical Center. 17 May 2012.
- Rush ET, Dobyns WB, Olney AH. Three New Cases of Gomez-Lopez-Hernandez Syndrome. David W. Smith Workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis. Los Angeles, CA. 11 September 2011.
- Rush ET. Hot Topics in Genetics and Metabolism. Hot Topics in Pediatrics Continuing Nursing Education. Children’s Hospital and Medical Center, 12 and 21 July 2011.
- Rush ET. Neurologic Disorders in the Genetics Clinic. UNMC Department of Neurology Noon Conference Series, 11 March 2011.
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Medical Genetics
- American College of Physicians
- Metro Omaha Medical Society
- Nebraska Medical Association