SPECIMEN REQUIREMENTS AND TURN-AROUND-TIMES
Although reasonable efforts are made to meet published turn-around-times, they are subject to assay performance and other external, uncontrollable factors.
Additionally, TATs are based on the initiation date of each test. For tiered-testing, this may not be the date that the specimen was received in the laboratory.
- HEREDITARY CANCER TESTING Requirements and Turn-Around-Times
- 3-5 ml blood in an EDTA tube (purple top)
- Test kits available upon request
- Results are typically available in 2-3 weeks for the Breast7 panel.
- For all other panels, results are available in under 6 weeks.