Ryan T. Thorson, Ph.D.
985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Phone: (402) 559-6408
Ryan T. Thorson, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Psychology at the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He received his Master’s degree in Psychology and his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Louisiana State University. His pre-doctoral internship and post-doctoral fellowships were completed at the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation and at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. His research and clinical interests include behavioral parent training, anxiety, depression, developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and the management of behavioral disorders in typical as well as integrated care settings.
PhD, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2011 (Clinical Psychology)
MA, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, 2007 (Psychology)
BS, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN, 2003 (Psychology, Management Information Systems)
Applied Behavior Analysis
Research Interests and Projects:
- Behavioral parent training
- Developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Management of behavioral disorders in typical as well as integrated care settings
Selected Publications: (within the last 5 years)
- Segool, N., Meadows, T., Roberts, H., Thorson, R.,Dogan, R., Evans, J., & Reisener, C. (in press). The Effect of Location on Psychotropic Treatment Practices among Pediatricians. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (in press).
- Meadows, T.J., Valleley, R., Haack, M.K., Thorson, R.T. & Evans, J. (2011). Physician “Costs” in Providing Behavioral Health in Primary Care. Clinical Pediatrics, 50(5), 447-455.
- Singh, A.N., Matson, J.L., Mouttapa, M., Pella, R.D., Hill, B.D., & Thorson, R.T. (2009). A critical item analysis of the QABF: Development of a short form assessment instrument. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 30(4), 782-792.
- American Psychological Association
- Nebraska Psychological Association