Assistant Professor - Department of Neurological Sciences
Director, The Nebraska Comprehensive Epilepsy Program
Clinical Director, The Magnetoencephalography Center at the Nebraska Medical Center
|Academic Office:||Clinic Practice Location:|
|988435 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-8435
|4242 Farnam Street, Suite 650
North Doctor's Tower
Omaha, NE 68131
Administrative Assistant: Lisa McCann 402-559-4496
University of Nebraska, B.S. Biochemistry (1993-1997)
University of Nebraska Medical Center, M.D. (1997-2001)
Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Internship-Internal Medicine (2001-2002)
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Neurology Residency (2002-2005)
New York University, Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship (2005-2006)
New York University, Epilepsy Research Fellowship (2006-2007)
University of Nebraska Medical Center
VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System
Bryan-LGH Health System
Interests: EEG signal analysis, Magnetoencephalography, Epilepsy Surgery
Dr. Madhavan is the Director of the Nebraska Comprehensive Epilepsy Program. He completed his epilepsy fellowship at New York University, focusing on epilepsy surgery and magnetoencephalography. While at NYU, Dr. Madhavan was awarded a Research and Training Fellowship for Clinicians from the Epilepsy Foundation of America. In 2009, he founded Midwest Regional Epilepsy Associates, an epilepsy focused private practice prior to joining UNMC. Dr. Madhavan is the president of LIFE (Lifestyle Innovations For Epilepsy, Inc.), a locally-based non-profit organization dedicated to the well being of people living with epilepsy.
- Murr N, Murman D, Madhavan D. A case of progressive ataxia followed by cognitive and behavioral changes. Rev Neurol Dis. 2010; 7(1):34-6; discussion 43-4.
- Mirowski P, Madhavan D, LeCun Y, Kuzniecky R. Classification of Patterns of EEG synchronization for Seizure Prediction. Clin Neurophysiol. 2009 Nov;120(11):1927-40.
- Madhavan D, Mirowski P, Ludvig N, Carlson C, Doyle WK, Devinsky O, Kuzniecky R. Effects of subdural application of lidocaine in patients with focal epilepsy. Epilepsy Research 2008; 78(2-3): 235-239
- Madhavan D, Weiner HL, Carlson C, Devinsky O, Kuzniecky R. Local Epileptogenic Networks in Tuberous Sclerosis: A Case Review. Epilepsy and Behavior 2007; 11: 140-146
- Madhavan D, Schaffer S, Yankovsky A, Arzimanoglou A, Renaldo F, Zaroff CM, Lajoie J, Weiner H, Andermann E, Andermann F, Dubeau F, Olivier A, , Franz D, Leonard J, Connolly M, Cascino G, Devinsky O. Surgical Outcome in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex: A multicenter survey. Epilepsia 2007; 48(8): 1625-1628
- Madhavan D, Kuzniecky R. Temporal lobe surgery in patients with normal MRI. Current Opinion in Neurology 2007; 20(2): 203-207
- Madhavan D, Kuzniecky R. The Imaging Evaluation of Epilepsy. Textbook of Stereotactic and Functional Neurology, 2ndEdition. Lozano AM, Gildenberg PL, Tasker RR (Eds) Springer 2008.
- Nearing K, Madhavan D, Devinksy O. Temporal Lobe Epilepsy: A Progressive Disorder? Reviews in Neurological Disease 2007; 4(3): 122-127.
- Madhavan D, Liebman T, Nadkarni S, Devinsky O. Anterior Cingulate Epilepsy in an 18 Year Old Woman. Reviews in Neurological Disease 2007; 4(1): 39-42.
- Zaroff C, Carlson C, Barr W, Lajoie J, Miles D, Nass R, Madhavan D, Devinsky O. Mental Retardation and Relation to Seizure and Tuber Burden in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. Seizure 2006; 15(7): 558-562
- Madhavan D, Kuzniecky R,. Lafora Disease. Reviews in Neurological Disease 2006; 3(3): 131-135.
- Madhavan D, Martin CO. Neurology. The University of Iowa Family Medicine Handbook, 5th Edition, Graber MA, Jones JL, Wilbur JK (eds). Saunders Elsevier, 2006.
Meet Our Faculty
John Bertoni, MD, PhD
Danish Bhatti, MD
Pierre Fayad, MD
J. Americo M. Fernandes, MD
Harris A. Frankel, MD
Kathleen Healey, APRN, PhD
Amy Hellman, MD
Sachin Kedar, MD
Deepak Madhavan, M.D.
Mac McLaughlin, MD
Daniel L. Murman, MD
Najib Murr, MD
Ezequiel Piccione, MD
Pariwat Thaisetthawatkul, MD
Diego Torres-Russotto, MD
Tony Wilson, PhD
Rana Zabad, MD
- John Bertoni, MD, PhD