UNMC took home 14 of the possible 16 awards presented at the conference.
"This year several students rose above and put in a lot of extra work," said Tanya Custer, assistant professor of RSTE. "This group has a lot to be proud of."
UNMC award winners at NSRT included:
Registered Technologist Scientific Essay Competition winner
- First Place - Tracy Sladek (CT), "The Diagnostic Accuracy and Role of Computed Tomography Coronary Angiography in Diagnosing Coronary Artery Disease and Related Heart Conditions."
Registered Technologist/Full-time Student Scientific Essay Competition winner
- First Place - Heather Bell (MRI), "High Definition Fiber Tractography"
- Second Place - Makenzie Shank (CT), "An Overview of Imaging Protocols in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Stroke"
- Third Place - Karlyn Miller (MRI), "Epilepsy Evaluation through Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging"
Student Scientific Essay Competition winner
- First Place - Emily Schlautman (RT), "There's an App for That(TM) #Radiology #MedicalApps"
- Second Place - Justin Williams (RT), "The Use of Interventional Radiology as a Means to Treat Atrial Fibrillation"
- Third Place (Tie) - Connor Coffin, "Using Automated Breast Ultrasound Systems to Image and Detect Masses in Dense Breast Patients"; and Blair Dixon - "Müllerian Duct Anomalies: Diagnosing Uterine Didelphys"
Registered Technologist Scientific Poster Presentation
- First Place - Lisa Bartenhagen and Tanya Custer, "HPV Related Cancers"
- Third place - Jim Temme and Stephanie Vas, " A Preliminary Study of Bacterial Cultures Obtained from MR Imaging Equipment"
Registered Technologist/Full-time Student Scientific Poster Presentation
- First Place - Hannah Coffman (MRI), "Alzheimer's: Early Detection May Lead to Prevention"
- Second Place - Allison Hukill (NMT), "Radium-223 Dichloride: Advance State Prostate Cancer"
- Third Place - Ahmed Naciri (NMT), "Lymphoscintigraphy: Tc-99m Tilmanocept Vs. Tc-99m Sulfur Coloid"
Student Scientific Poster Presentation
Mary HavenMay 05, 2014 at 9:46 PM
- First Place - Brianna Jacobitz, "Echocardiography: Congenital Heart Defects in Children"
- Second Place - Emily Schlautman, "There's an App for ThatTM #Radiology #MedicalApps"
Congratulations to RSTE students and their faculty. As usual, you have done a fantastic job. Proud of you and your year after year accolades. Keep up the fantastic work.