- Name: Jill Jensen
- Hometown: Gilman, Iowa
- New title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, physician assistant program
I have an interest in teaching in all PA-specific courses but with a focus on primary care.
How I fell in love with being an educator
I was asked to become an Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor at my last position and said yes with some hesitation; however, I discovered I love teaching!
- Master's of Physician Assistant Studies, UNMC
- Bachelor's of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Iowa State University
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center, Grinnell, Iowa: Physician assistant working in occupational medicine, employee health and wound care, 2011-2013
- Atlantic Medical Clinic, Atlantic, Iowa: Physician assistant working in a rural health clinic in primary care and emergency medicine, 2005-2010
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- Nebraska Academy of Physician Assistants
- Iowa Physician Assistant Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am kind of a clean freak and love to organize.
- I grew up on a farm and hope to find one soon for my family and I to move to.
- If I could go boating every weekend, I would be very happy!
We're so happy the have Jill on the team. Welcome, Jill!