On July 25, Fitness Friday returns. The monthly event features a walk or run on the Field Club Trail.
- What: Fitness Friday. Run or walk the Field Club Trail.
- When: Friday, July 25 at 3:30 p.m. (Please arrive at least five minutes before the start time.)
- Where: Meet at the ice rink on the Ruth and Bill Scott Student Plaza.
The Field Club Trail is approximately 1.8 miles long and begins just south of Leavenworth Street. The group will leave the student plaza at 3:30 p.m.
Please RSVP by July 24 to the events coordinator.
Also, registration is now open for the Omaha Corporate Cycling Challenge.
- What: Corporate Cycling Challenge, a non-competitive bike tour.
- When: Aug. 17
- Where: All tours begin and end at Omaha's Heartland of America Park at 8th and Farnam streets.
The bike tour (it's not a race) attracts cyclists of all abilities for tours of 10, 25 or 42 miles. Nebraska's largest single-day cycling event is free for employees to participate and costs only $5 for family members to ride.
Download a registration form. Participants can register up to the day of the event. The deadline to order a $10 team T-shirt, however, is July 21.
Participants may choose to ride:
- The Olde River Ride (10 miles).
- Riverside Ride (25 miles).
- Tour De Fort (42 miles).
For more information
Contact Pellerito at 402-559-5253 or by email for more information about the challenge, which raises funds for trail development in the Omaha metro area.