Organizations on this year's list are leading the way in terms of quality patient care, cancer outcomes and research. The Becker's Hospital Review editorial team selected hospitals for inclusion based on rankings and awards they have received from a variety of reputable sources.
The following awards were considered as part of the criteria for inclusion on the list:
- U.S. News & World Report cancer rankings
- Truven Health Analytics
- CareChex cancer care rankings
- National Cancer Institute designations
- The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accreditations
- American Nurses Credentialing Center designations and awards
- Blue Distinction Center recognition from the BlueCross BlueShield Association
Becker's Hospital Review says the following about our cancer program:
The Nebraska Medical Center, a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, has nationally recognized programs in surgical oncology, chemotherapy, radiation and clinical trials. It has been ranked as one of the top 50 hospitals for cancer care by U.S. News & World Report and its cancer program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Several other Midwest cancer programs were also recognized, including:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago.
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis.
- University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora.
- University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Iowa City
- University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City, Mo.
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, Minneapolis.
The full list can be read here.