The Sacred Hour and Beyond
Monday, September 23, 2013
Lakeside Medical Center (educational classroom lower level of hospital)
Pre-registration is not available for this location
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Chase Suites, Lincoln NE (200 S. 68th St. Place)
To register for this location go to
For questions on Lincoln program contact Danielle Herbert at email@example.com
or 402-483-4800 ext 101.
Physicians (OB/GYN, internal medicine, pediatric and family medicine), nurses, lactation consultants, registered dietitians, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, breast feeding advocates, social workers, students.
The Sacred Hour:
Uninterrupted Skin to Skin Immediately after Birth
1. Describe five benefits of early postpartum skin-to-skin contact for both mother and baby
2. List nine instinctive stages newborns display that lead to the first breastfeeding
3. Describe four practical ways to change the culture of early skin-to-skin contact to increase breastfeeding rates
Beyond the Sacred Hour:
Supporting Exclusive Breastfeeding in the Early Postpartum Period
1. Describe three benefits of exclusive breast milk feeding during the first six months after birth
2. List five common challenges to exclusive breast milk feeding in the early postpartum period
3. Described five evidenced-based practices that address these challenges
The lecture is free. However if you would like to obtain CERPs or nursing credit, the cost for these contact hours is $30.00. Full payment by cash or check is required at the door.
Please note pre-registration is not available for the Omaha program.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is provided for 3.0 contact hours under ANCC criteria.
3.0 L CERPs allocated by IBLCE
IBLCE approval number: C1336411
Save the Date!!
COPD 9 USA Conference
June 5-6, 2015
Save the Date!!
20th Annual Pharmacological Conference
for Advanced Practice Nurses
July 16-17, 2015