BEST November Journal Club
The Secrets of Baby Behavior
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Michael F. Sorrell Center, Room 2018
42nd and Emilie, Omaha, NE
Parking available in lot #39 (41st & Emile)
Also available via telehealth network (Please check with your site coordinator for availability)
Pre-registration is required before November 10th
1. Describe the relationship between infant behavior and overfeeding/inappropriate feeding practice
2. Demonstrate practical knowledge of normal infant behavior, including infant states and cues
3. Differentiate between normal infant crying and persistent infant crying
4. Demonstrate practical knowledge of normal newborn sleep patterns
5. Recognize characteristics of newborn behavior and changes that occur over the first 72 hours postpartum
6. Identify the 3 components of a successful caregiver-infant interaction.
Physicians (OB/GYN, internal medicine, pediatric and family medicine), nurses, lactation consultants, registered dietitians, residents, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, breast feeding advocates, social workers, students.
1. Deanna Stoffel, BS, IBCLC
Charles Drew WIC
2. Sara Hansen, RD, CLC
Douglas County WIC
Nutrition Services Coordinator
PDFs for Best November Journal Club:
|UNMC Campus Map|
|Infant Feeding Methods|
|Journal of Human Lactation|
|CA WIC Program Final Report|
Pre-registration is required before November 10, 2013
The lecture is free, however if you would like nursing credit or CERPs a $20 fee is required.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
This activity is provided for 2.0 contact hours under ANCC criteria.
2.0 L- CERP's allocated by IBLCE
IBLCE Approval Number C1336825
Save the Date!!
Annual Dementia Care Conference
March 21, 2014
Save the Date!!
19th Annual Pharmacological Conference
For Advanced Practice Nurses
July 17-18, 2014
2014 Pan Pacific Lymphoma Conference
July 21-25, 2014