UNMC ITS Operations Center
The UNMC ITS Operations Center is staffed from 7 am to 6 pm to assist students, if needed. Please call 402-559-8090
Accessing a Live Stream for UNMC Classes/Events
- Before beginning, load the latest versions of QuickTime, Windows Media Player, and Java.
- Connect to Internet Explorer and type in 188.8.131.52 (if you are connecting from off campus). Use 184.108.40.206 if you are on the UNMC campus.
- The Codian Home Page will appear. Under the Codian banner on the left, click on “Streaming”.
- This will bring up a new page with “Stream a conference”.
- In the box labeled Conference ID, type in the course number (such as 816) of the class you want to stream. If you are live streaming an event (other than a class), the conference ID will be given to you by the conference originator.
- Click on “Stream this conference”.
Enlarge the stream
- After you have typed in your course number under Conference ID, look for the “Show Advanced Streaming Options” on the right of the screen.
- Click on “Show Advanced Streaming Options”.
- Go to “Video Size” box and pull down desired size.
- Go to “View content channel” and uncheck it.
- Click on “Start Streaming”.
If you are using both the live videostream AND a phone bridge, be sure to mute the audio on your computer as you utilize the phone audio. Otherwise, there will be feedback into the classroom.
If you have any problems connecting to the live stream, contact the Operations Center at 402-559-8090.