The Ada M. Lindsey Professional Service Award acknowledges a current full or part-time faculty member for his/her service (clinical practice or professional service) excellence. Nominations from undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty and alumni are encouraged.
All current full and part-time College of Nursing Faculty are eligible for nomination. The award will be given annually. In odd years, the award will be for excellence in Clinical Practice, and in even years, the award will be for excellence in Professional Service. This year the award will be given for Clinical Practice.
Award Criteria for Professional Service May Include:
- Advocates for and/or promotes excellence in professional nursing.
- Chairs CON Committees
- Serves on or chairs campus and university committees.
- Serves on or chairs professional organization committees.
- Elected or appointed to state, regional, or national committees or task forces.
- Provides leadership in district, state, regional, and national professional organizations.
- Provides consultation at state, regional, and national levels (e.g. other schools of nursing).
- Represents nursing in regional or national interdisciplinary health care arenas.
- Elected to boards of regional and national professional nursing organizations.
- Knowledge Development
- Organizes workshop/symposia at regional/national level.
- Serves as expert resource for the development of professional educational materials (e.g. writes book chapters, question writer for NCLEX, serves on journal editorial boards, etc.)
- Publishes in field of expertise.
To nominate a faculty member:
Download, complete and submit this form for nomination letters. In their letters, nominators should cite specific examples of how the faculty member demonstrates the above criteria and should address as many of the criteria as possible. Nominators should address at least one criterion from each of the above 4 categories. However, it is not necessary to address all criteria. Additional sheets may be attached to the nomination form with a maximum of 5 pages for a nominee.
Deadline for submission is: March 15
The recipient/s will receive a glass award and a minimum monetary award of $1,000.
The names of nominators will be removed from the nomination materials before the Faculty Coordinating Council reviews the nominations. Selections will be determined by the Faculty Coordinating Council.
Send nominations to:
|Peggy Pelish (firstname.lastname@example.org)
UNMC College of Nursing
University of Nebraska Medical Center
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330
|OR||Nancy Waltman (email@example.com)
UNMC College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
1230 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220