Annual Dementia Care Conference 2013
March 22, 2013
La Vista Conference Center
12520 Westport Parkway
La Vista, NE 68128
This conference is intended for physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, and nursing/assisted living administrators.
At the conclusion of this conference, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify the spectrum of Alzheimer’s research from basic science to clinical trials as well as social and behavioral investigations.
- Analyze the criteria, method and detection of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Describe methods for assessment and treatment of cognitive symptoms through the application of diagnostic methods.
- Explore development of caregiving tools, dementia education, and family dynamics facilitation strategies to assist the individual with dementia and their caregivers.
- Identify the continuum of home and community based services and options for long term care.
- Discuss the design and assessment of activity based programs to meet the social and emotional needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s.
- List on-line and web based programs and services for caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s.
- Identify best practices in geropalliative care.
Download brochure or register online www.alz.org/midlands
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Save the Date!!
COPD 9 USA Conference
June 5-6, 2015
Save the Date!!
20th Annual Pharmacological Conference
for Advanced Practice Nurses
July 16-17, 2015