The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #13699.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education has been awarded Accreditation with Distinction, the highest recognition awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Accreditation Program. This distinction is valid through 2016.
Interested in Contact Hours for Your Educational Activity?
Educational Activities must meet ANCC criteria. The CON CNE staff can help you in planning an educational activity. A brief overview of the process is provided below. Contact CNE at 559-6565 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Determine need for program.
- Decide who will help plan the program.
- Decide for whom the program is intended.
- Decide what goals the learners attending the program will achieve.
- Create learning objectives for the program that reflect the overall program goal. Create content to help learners achieve the objectives.
- Decide who will deliver the content. All speakers must complete the following forms to meet ANCC criteria for contact hours: Biographical data form or CV, financial disclosure, activity documentation form.
- Decide how you will evaluate if the learning objectives have been achieved.
- Create program advertising, handouts, etc.
- Deliver the program.
- Evaluate program success.