Donna Westmoreland was a spirited nurse educator who believed that mentoring and coaching were the best methods to enable faculty to discover their voice and develop their unique capacity as a teacher and scholar.
All current full time College of Nursing faculty are eligible for nomination. A candidate qualifies for this award who has demonstrated excellence in mentoring faculty or graduate assistants in teaching or teaching scholarship. Nominations from faculty, students, staff, alumni, and clinical associates are encouraged.
- Inspires novice faculty to develop knowledge and skills in classroom, laboratory, and/or clinical nursing education
- Promotes thinking and knowledge development of faculty in the areas of mentoring, coaching, dialogue, critical thinking, and appreciative inquiry
- Coaches faculty to identify their own strengths and style in classroom and/or clinical teaching
- Supports faculty to explore new teaching strategies and technology
- Shows concern for and interest in faculty development
- Develops creative teaching strategies in partnership with faculty and other health care educators
- Helps faculty to extend their thoughts and learning beyond their expectations
- Makes a lasting impact on the faculty member or graduate assistant
Download form and complete with your name, the nominees name and cite specific examples of how the faculty member demonstrates these criteria. Additional sheets may be attached with a maximum of 2 to 3 pages for a nominee.
Deadline for submission is March 15.
The recipient will receive a glass award and a monetary award of $500.
The names of nominators will be removed from the nomination materials before the Faculty Coordinating Council reviews the nominations. Selections will be determined by the Faculty Coordinating Council.
Send nominations to:
Shirley Wiggins (email@example.com)
UNMC College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
1230 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220