Kathryn Sandahl Philp is a UNMC CON alumna. This award was established in her honor by her daughter. The intent of the award is to acknowledge and support faculty creativity and innovation in any of the following areas: teaching, research, or practice/service.
All current full time College of Nursing faculty are eligible for nomination. Nominations must be for an individual and not for a team. Faculty may be nominated for the award in any one of the following areas: teaching, research, or practice/service. Nominations from faculty, students, staff, alumni, and clinical associates are encouraged.
- The faculty member has demonstrated creativity and innovation in teaching through:
- Promotion of critical thinking
- Encouraging student application of new knowledge
- Promotion of interaction with members of other disciplines
- Developing new teaching methods/strategies that actively engage students in learning
- The faculty member has demonstrated creativity and innovation in research that:
- Addresses current/upcoming health topics
- Addresses Nebraska specific rural/urban health concerns
- Utilizes new technology
- Supports development of evidence based practice
- Advances knowledge dissemination through extension of presentations or publications to new audiences
- The faculty member has demonstrated creativity and innovation in practice/service through:
- Development of translational research projects
- Application of quality assurance processes
- Development of strategies to meet the needs of vulnerable populations
- Design/implementation of practice databases
- Provision of insightful leadership on state, regional, or national committees or task forces
- Development of regional/national workshops to address practice/service issues
Download form and complete with your name, the nominees name and cite specific examples of how the faculty member demonstrates these criteria. Additional sheets may be attached with a maximum of 2 to 3 pages for a nominee.
Deadline for submission is March 15.
The recipient will receive a glass award and a monetary award of $500.
The names of nominators will be removed from the nomination materials before the Faculty Coordinating Council reviews the nominations. Selections will be determined by the Faculty Coordinating Council.
Please submit nomination materials to:
Shirley Wiggins (email@example.com)
UNMC College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
1230 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220