Pennie Z. Davis supported many philanthropic efforts in Omaha and was a fervent supporter of scholarly endeavors. He established this award to recognize the contributions to nursing science of a College of Nursing faculty researcher.
His intent was to provide funds to a developing researcher for use in their research program.
Current full time College of Nursing Faculty who have an active research program are eligible for nomination. The award is for an individual and not for a team of researchers. The nominee’s research program should extend beyond and build on their dissertation research or other prior research.
- Research program has been advanced while on the faculty at the College of Nursing.
- Research contributes to the advancement of nursing science and clinical nursing practices.
- Researcher has published research in refereed journals.
- Researcher has received intramural or extramural funding.
- Research has been presented at regional, national and/or international conferences.
Individuals may be nominated by others or may self-nominate. The nominator must download and complete the nomination form and provide the supporting documents listed on the nomination form page.
Deadline for submission is March 15.
The recipient will receive a glass award and a monetary award of $1,000.
Award selection will be determined by the Nursing Research Committee. The names of nominators will be removed from the nomination materials before the Nursing Research Committee reviews the nominations.
Send nominations to:
Chair, Nursing Research Committee
UNMC College of Nursing
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330