The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing will honor a staff member with the annual College of Nursing Staff Excellence Award.
The award will be presented to a staff member who has made exemplary contribution to the College of Nursing in the past year. Criteria for this award includes: 1) embodies the spirit of the College of Nursing, 2) customer service, or 3) respects individuals for their cultures, contributions and points of view.
Recipient will be named/awarded at the annual UNMC CON Faculty/Staff Annual Meeting held in May. The recipient will receive a glass paperweight and a monetary award of $1,000.00.
Award Criteria (should include 1 or more items for the categories listed below):
- Embodies the Spirit of the College of Nursing (CON) through:
- Promoting a kinder, gentler CON
- Professionalism and integrity
- Outstanding performance
- Supporting the mission and vision of UNMC
- Pursues excellence in an ethical manner
- Customer Service
- Shows concern for and interest in customers
- Makes a lasting impact on customers
- Provides outstanding customer service, improves the effectiveness or efficiencies of daily operations and emphasizes quality and high standards
- Respects individuals for their cultures, contributions and points of view
- Fosters an environment of learning and communication
- Eligible staff must have been working at the College of Nursing by January 1 of the year prior to the award given (e.g. hired January 1, 2012 to be eligible for award given in May 2013).
- Staff member must hold an FTE of .50 or greater.
- Faculty, staff and students are welcome to nominate a staff member.
- No self-nominations are allowed.
- The nomination will require the nominator’s name(s).
Selection Process/ Selection Committee:
- Individual nominations are reviewed and scored by each committee member. The score will then be tabulated with the other scores for that nomination, and an average will be determined.
- Nominees are ranked by each committee member according to the scores assigned and then the rankings from each committee member are compiled for final, weighted scoring.
- The committee meets as a group to review scoring and select the award winner.
- If a committee member is nominated, they are ineligible to review and rate the nominations pertaining to them.
- A copy of the comments from the nominators will be sent to each nominee.
To nominate a staff member:
Download form and complete with your name, the nominee's name and cite specific examples of how the staff member demonstrates these criteria. Additional sheets may be attached with a maximum of 2 to 3 pages for a nominee. Deadline for submission is March 15.
Submit nominations to:
Kelly McDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org)
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330