The Dean's Teaching Excellence Award acknowledges a current full or part-time faculty member for his/her teaching excellence. Nominations from undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and alumni are encouraged.
All current full and part-time College of Nursing faculty are eligible for nomination.
- inspiring student learning;
- promoting thinking, knowing, and personal and professional integrity;
- creating a caring learning environment that allows the student to apply new knowledge;
- helping students develop through interaction with other students, clients, and colleagues;
- showing concern for and interest in students and their learning;
- developing creative teaching strategies that facilitate learning;
- using meaningful assignments to reinforce/extend learning;
- helping students to extend their thoughts and learning beyond their expectations;
- making a lasting impact on the student;
- living the role of a nurse educator.
To nominate a faculty member:
Download the nomination form and complete it with your name, the nominees name and cite specific examples of how the faculty member demonstrates these criteria. Additional sheets may be attached with a maximum of 2 to 3 pages for a nominee. Deadline for submission is March 15.
The recipient will receive a glass award and a monetary award of $1,000.
The names of nominators will be removed from the nomination materials before the Graduate Affairs Committee & the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee review the nominations. Selections will be determined by the Graduate Affairs Committee & the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.
Send nominations to:
Rita Schmitz (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
UNMC College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
1230 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220
Kathy Morris (e-mail: email@example.com)
Chair, Graduate Affairs Committee
UNMC, College of Nursing
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330