The Rosalee C. Yeaworth Teaching Excellence Award acknowledges a current full or part-time faculty member for his/her teaching excellence. Nominations from undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and alumni are encouraged.
All current full and part-time College of Nursing faculty are eligible for nomination.
- inspiring student learning;
- promoting thinking, knowing, and personal and professional integrity;
- creating a caring learning environment that allows the student to apply new knowledge;
- helping students develop through interaction with other students, clients, and colleagues;
- showing concern for and interest in students and their learning;
- developing creative teaching strategies that facilitate learning;
- using meaningful assignments to reinforce/extend learning;
- helping students to extend their thoughts and learning beyond their expectations;
- making a lasting impact on the student;
- living the role of a nurse educator.
To nominate a faculty member:
Download the nomination form and complete with your name, the nominee's name and cite specific examples of how the faculty member demonstrates these criteria. Additional sheets may be attached with a maximum of 2 to 3 pages for a nominee. Deadline for submission is March 15.
The recipient will receive a glass award and a monetary award of $1,000.
The names of nominators will be removed from the nomination materials before the Graduate Affairs Committee & the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee review the nominations. Selections will be determined by the Graduate Affairs Committee & the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee.
Send nominations to:
Rita Schmitz (e-mail: email@example.com)
UNMC College of Nursing - Lincoln Division
1230 O Street
Lincoln, NE 68588-0220
Kathy Morris (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chair, Graduate Affairs Committee
UNMC, College of Nursing
985330 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5330