Computer Hardware & Software
- If you are looking to buy a new Windows computer for use in online education, see our Computer Requirements - Windows page to help guide your purchasing decision.
- If you are looking to buy a new Apple computer for use in online education, see our Computer Requirements - Apple page to help guide your purchasing decision.
- If you already own a computer, try our PC Evaluator to test how your computer rates against our minimum hardware requirements.
- Information for Mobile Device Users
- View our Recommended Competencies page to view the software skills that we deem essential towards becoming a successful online learner.
UNMC Technology Support
UNMC Help Desk (402-559-7700)
- The UNMC Help Desk provides support for a wide range of topics such as Lotus Notes, UNMC Internet/Intranet access, the Student Information System, student personal computers, and campus-wide computer clusters. If you need help in any of these areas, please contact the UNMC Help Desk by phone (402-559-7700) or email (email@example.com).
Apple/Mac Tech Support
In response to the increased use of Apple computer products by faculty, staff and students an Apple specific technical support page has been created. The Mac Tech Support page resides in Blackboard and may require login to Blackboard to view. For technical problems involving your Mac that are not found on the Mac Tech Support page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Blackboard Technology Support
For assistance related to content items within your Blackboard course, please contact your course instructor. Additionally, the following resources are available for technical assistance related to Blackboard:
- The on-demand learning center provides video tutorials on working in your course, staying organized and communicating and setting your preferences.
- Seek help from detailed documentation for students – you can search, bookmark, print and save any topic.
- The on-demand learning center provides video tutorials on understanding and building your course, communicating and collaborating, and assessing your learners.
- Seek help from detailed documentation for faculty – you can search, bookmark, print and save any topic.
Other Courses Technology
- IP/Codian Video and Codian Phone Bridge Instructions- Technical requirements, help and resources on Codian Video and Phone Bridge.
- Adobe Connect - Technical requirements, help and resources on Adobe Connect.