- Ph.D., University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 2008
- Master of Medicine, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 1999
- Bachelor of Medicine, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 1994
- Canada Graduate Scholarships Doctoral Award, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, 2005-2008
- Senior Graduate Studentship Award, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, 2005-2008
- Doctoral Research Award, Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada, 2004-2007
- Travel Award, 19th International Conference on Antiviral Research, 2006
- Travel Award, American Society for Virology 25th annual meeting, 2006
- Albert B and Mary Steiner Summer Research Award, UBC, 2004
- Graduate Student Entrance Award, UBC, 2003
- Dongfang Graduate Student Award, Medical center of Fudan University, 1998
- Outstanding Student Award, Medical center of Fudan University, 1990-1994
- Yuan, J., Gu, K., He, JQ., Sharma, S. Sharma. Preferential upregulation of osteopontin in primary central nervous system lymphoma does not correlate with putative receptor CD44v6 or CD44H expression. Human Pathol. (accepted)
- Yuan, J., Manaloor, E., Ramalingama, P. Hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma. American Society for Clinical Pathology’s Check Sample (2012).
- Yuan, J., Choudhri, H., Sharma, N., Sharma, S. Intraventricular dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor in a pediatric patient: Is it the most common extracortical location for DNT? (2011) Childs Nerv Syst. 27(3):485-90.
- Yuan, J., McDonough, C., Kulharyaa, A., Ramalingama, P., Manaloor, E. Isolated Isolated trisomy 10 in an infant with acute myeloid leukemia: a case report and review of literature (2010). Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 3(7):718-22.
- Yuan, J., Shah, R., Kulharya, A., and Ustun, C. Near-tetraploidy clone can evolve from a hyperdiploidy clone and cause resistance to lenalidomide and bortezomib in a multiple myeloma patient (2010). Leukemia Res. 34:954-7.
- Yuan, J., Liu, Z., Lim, T., Zhang, H., He, J., Walker, E., Shier, C., Wang, Y., Su, Y., Sall, A., McManus, B., and Yang, D. CXCL10 inhibits viral replication through recruitment of natural killer cells in coxsackievirus B3-induced myocarditis (2009). Circ Res. 104:628-38.
- Yuan, J., Stein, D., Lim, T., Qiu, D., Coughlin, S., Liu, Z., Wang, Y., Bouch, R., Moulton, H., Iversen, P., and Yang, D. Inhibition of Coxsackievirus B3 in Cell-cultures and in Mice by Peptide-Conjugated Morpholino Oligomers Targeting the IRES (2006). J Virol. 80:11510-9.
- Yuan, J., Lim, T., Liu, Z., Qiu, D., Wong, B., Luo, H., Si, X., McManus, B., and Yang, D. Antisense DNA and RNA: Potential Therapeutics for Viral Infection (2006). Anti-Infective Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. 5: 367-377
- Yuan, J., Zhang, J., Wong, B., Si, X., Yang, D., McManus, B.M., and Luo, H. Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3β suppresses coxsackievirus-induced cytopathic effect and apoptosis via stabilization of β-catenin (2005). Cell Death Differ. 12:1097-106.
- Yuan, J., Cheung, P., Zhang, H.M., Chau, D., and Yang, D. Inhibition of coxsackievirus B3 replication by small interfering RNAs requires perfect sequence match in the central region of the viral positive strand (2005). J Virol. 79:2151-9.
- Yuan, J., Chen Z., Cheung, P., Chau, D., and Yang, D. Nucleic Acid-Based Gene-Silencing Molecules as Potential Antiviral Therapeutics (2005). Drug Des Rev. - Online. 2, 323-33.
- Yuan, J., Cheung, P., Zhang, H.M., Chau, D., Cheung, C., Yanagawa, B., Luo, H., Wang, J., Suarez, A., McManus, B.M., and Yang, D. A phosphorothioate antisense oligodeoxynucleotide specifically inhibits coxsackievirus B3 replication in cardiomyocytes and mouse hearts (2004). Lab Invest. 84: 703-14.
- Residency Program
- Fellowship Programs
About UNMC and Omaha