Undergraduate students considering careers in pathology, microbiology, or other laboratory sciences are offered opportunities for doing research in one of the laboratories of the department. Each student will work for ten weeks on a project in a laboratory that will be assigned after acceptance. Student researchers will attend weekly seminar series and students will have an opportunity to present results in a poster session at the end of the summer. Summer students are paid a stipend of $3,000.
Eligible applicants are currently enrolled in college level education, excluding senior year students. Please read more about immunization and other general program requirements on UNMC's SURP program web site.
- Complete the online application form on the SURP program website link above.
- Submit required supporting documents:
- A one page academic/research essay including long range goals, how you believe a research experience will assist you in your career, and any prior research experience
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Transcript(s) from colleges/universities you have attended (can be unofficial)
- Two letters of recommendation
These supporting documents must be sent by March 1, 2014 to:
Department of Pathology and Microbiology
985900 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5900
Please direct questions regarding your application status to email@example.com
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- General Curriculum & Guidelines
- Graduate FAQs
Faculty and Research
- Undergraduate Opportunities
Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
About UNMC and Omaha