The action plan identifies priorities for improvement based upon a comparison of a hospital's structures and processes to the current best evidence. In the CAPTURE Falls project that comparison is documented in the CAPTURE Falls Scorecard. The 5-step CAPTURE Falls Action Plan (see link on right) is a tool that the Fall Risk Reduction Team can use to specify the desired outcomes, barriers to implementation, needed resources, and who is accountable by when.
- Step 1: Set your agenda to improve fall risk reduction by prioritizing your needs based on a comparison of your current structures and processes to the best evidence by completing the CAPTURE Falls Gap Analysis Scorecard (see link on right).
- Step 2. Match needs to innovations in the Structure of Fall Risk Reduction (tools, training), the Process of Fall Risk Reduction within Units, or the Process of Fall Risk Reduction Across the Organization.
- Step 3. Choose 3 – 5 innovations to begin; not all innovations can be implemented immediately.
- Step 4. Create the change team needed to implement these innovations. The Fall Risk Reduction Team may need to recruit others to the change team based on their influence, access to resources, and relevance to the innovations identified.
- Step 5. Create an overall strategy.