The three pediatric / congenital cardiothoracic surgeons and numerous pediatric sub-specialists are integrally involved in clinical and academic training thus producing exceptional outcomes and providing the cardiac program at Children’s Hospital and Medical Center, Omaha ranking by US News and World Report.
Our Cardiac Service Line provides cardiac care along a continuum from the fetus through infancy and childhood, extending into adolescence and adulthood.
In 2011, our team performed
- 8000 imaging studies (all types of echos and includes >190 cardiac MRI)
- 5000 electrocardiograms
- 4500 outpatient evaluations
- 1000 ambulatory monitoring tests (Holters, event recorders)
- 375 operations including > 250 open heart operations
- 375 catheterizations (including interventions)
- 300 exercise tests (including > 250 complete cardio-pulmonary metabolic testing)