Summer Undergraduate Presentations 2012
- "Nanoformulated antiretroviral therapeutics (nanoART) targeted drug delivery
Hannah M. Baldridge, Dartmouth College
H.M. Baldridge, P. Puligujja, T. Li, J.M. McMillan, X. Liu and H.E. Gendelman
- "PDGF-BB Mediated Astrocyte Activation and Proliferation Involves Notch and GSK3
Marlene Kanmogne, Johns Hopkins University
Marlene Kanmogne, Crystal Bethel-Brown Ph.D., Honghong Yao Ph.D., Shilpa Buch Ph.D.
- "The Role of IRS1/IRS 2 in the link between Type 2 Diabetes (Diabetes Mellitus) and Neurodegeneration"
Eric Hong, Emory University
Eric Hong, Heather Schuetz, Monica Krause, P.M. Abdul-Muneer, Kaushik P. Patel, Hong Zheong, and James Haorah Ph.D.
- "Mechanisms of intracellular calcium elevation by components of an aqueous hogbarn dust extract (HDE)"
Jonny Baker, Westside High/Tulane University
Jonny Baker, Nancy Schulte B.S., Debra Romberger MD, Myron Toews Ph.D.
- "Phenotypic Characterization of Basal Ganglia Neurons in a Mouse Model of Parkinson's Disease"
Joshua Combs, University of Nebraska Omaha
Joshua Combs, R. Lee Mosley Ph.D., Kristi M. Anderson B.S., Adam M. Szlachetka B.S., D.D.S.
- "Humanized mice to identify HIV-1 clade specific differences in viral virulence and neuropathology"
Sandeep Adem, Santa Clara University
Sandeep Adem, Ed Makarov B.S., Li Wu B.S., Sidra Akhter B.S., Santhi Gorantla Ph.D.
- "Nonmuscle myosin light-chain kinase mediates microglial migration induced by HIV Tat"
Raymond Quiles, International American University-Puerto Rico
Raymond Quiles and Dr. Shilpa Buch
Travis B. Lewis High School Presentations 2012
- "A teacher's summer experience with NanoART"
Christopher Deeter Ph.D., Lincoln Lutheran High School
- "Protein identification in macrophages"
Pooja Verman, Duchesne Academy
- "Analysis of lymphoid organs in humanized mice"
Giselle Tran, Omaha Central High School
- "Metabolites in the brain and their applications"
Zoe Cohen, Duchesne Academy
- "NanoART uptake in macrophages induces phagocytic changes"
Kate Slosburg, Westside High School