PhD, Microbiology, 1983
National Institute of Hygie
|Positions and Employment|
|2014-present||Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), Omaha, NE|
|2009-present||Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, UNMC, Omaha, NE|
|2009-present||Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, UNMC|
|2006-present||Director, Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Core Facility, UNMC, Omaha, NE|
|2004-2009||Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience, UNMC, Omaha, NE|
|2004-2009||Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE|
|2003-present||Director of Proteomics Program, Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, UNMC, Omaha, NE|
|2003-2004||Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UNMC, Omaha, NE|
|2001-2003||Senior Staff Scientist, GlycoTech Corp., Rockville, MD|
|1998-2001||Research Instructor, School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Genetics & Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA|
|1997-1998||Core Facility Manager, Protein Chemistry, Department of Molecular Genetics & Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA|
|1994-1998||Senior Research Associate, School of Medicine, Department of Molecular Genetics & Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA|
|1991-1994||Research Associate, University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA|
|1989-1990||Visiting Scientist, Institute for Medical Microbiology University of Lund, Lund, Sweden|
|1986-1989||Assistant Professor, Department of Bacteriology, National Institute of Hygiene, Warsaw, Poland|
Other Experience and Professional Membership
- Member of Editorial Board (since 2007), The Open Proteomics Journal, Bentham Science Publishers Ltd.
- Ad hoc reviewer:
- Analytical Chemistry
- BoldFace Editors, Inc.
- Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy
- Cancer Research
- Clinical Cancer Research
- Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory Immunology
- Drug Discovery Today
- European Journal of Cancer
- European Journal of Neurology
- Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology (2)
- Journal of Proteome Research
- Libertas Academica
- Medical Science Monitor
- Medical Chemistry Reviews
- Molecular Biology Reports
- Neurochemistry International
- The Open Virology Journal
- Tumor Biology
- Co-Editor of Special Issue of Journal of NeuroImmune Pharmacology, 2009
- Annual Midwest Graduate Student Research Competition – judge (in 2004, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012).
- Graduate Studies Assistantship Review – UNMC study section member (in 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011).
- Ad hoc grant reviewer for the Department of the Army, US Army Research, 2004 and 2007
- Ad hoc grant reviewer for University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus, Minority Biomedical
- Ad hoc grant reviewer for National Health Laboratory Services Research Trust Grants, Republic of South Africa, 2007 and 2008
- Ad hoc grant reviewer for Kentucky Science & Engineering Foundation, 2006
- Ad hoc grant reviewer for the Edna Ittner Research Fund, UNMC, 2006
- Ad hoc grant reviewer for Veterans Administration, Office of External Reviews, 2006
- Guest Associate Editor of “Cellular Immunity and Immunotherapy of Cancer”, Supplement to Clinical Cancer Research, 2001, 7(3 Suppl).
- American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS)
- Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities (ABRF)
- Society for Neuroscience (SfN)
- US Human Proteome Organization (USHUPO)
- World Human Proteome Organization (HUPO)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- International Society for NeuroVirology (ISNV)
- Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology (SNIP)
- INBRE Steering Committee, UNMC – member (from 2007 – present)
- Protein Structure Core Facility Internal Advisory Committee – member (from 2003 – 2010)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Faculty Search Committee, UNMC (2004-2007)
Honors and Awards:
- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Scientific Retreat, Poster Competition, Third Place. – 1995 European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Travel Grant Awards, for the 70th
- International Association for Dental Research General Session, Glasgow, Scotland. – July, 1-4, 1992
- European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Travel Grant Awards, for the 6th
- Mediterranean Congress of Chemotherapy, Taormina-Giardini Naxos, Italy. – May 22-27,1988
- Upjohn Co. Travel Grant Award, the Third European Congress of Clinical Microbiology, The Hague, The Netherlands. - 1986
- Post-doctoral fellowship from Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. – 1984
- Group award of the President of the University of Warsaw for an outstanding completion of research project - diploma work for M.S. degree was a part of this project. - 1983
- Award of the Chairman of Scientific Advisory Council of Department of Health and Social Welfare for an outstanding Ph.D. thesis. - 1988
Courses for graduate students (team teaching)
- Molecular Structure and Function, Biomedical Research Training Program (BRTP 821),
- Receptors and Cell Signaling (PHARM 901)
- Neuroimmunology (PHARM 922)
Courses for professional students
- Pharmacology for 2nd year medical and pharmacy students Topics: Gene Therapy, Pharmacogenomics, Hematopoietics, and Anticoagulants
- Pharmacology for Physician Assistants Students (Pharm 507) Topics: Hematopoietics, and Anticoagulants
- Pharmacology for Healthcare Professionals (Pharm 470/570) Topics: Antiviral, antifungal, and anitmycobacterial agents
Books and book chapters
- G Pottiez, J Wiederin and P Ciborowski. Metabolomics and Proteomics In: NeuroAIDS and Proteomics and neuroAIDS diagnostics. In: The Neurology of AIDS, 3rd. ed, (HE Gendelman and T. Ikezu, eds.), Springer, Inc. 2010.
- W Rozek and P Ciborowski. Bioinformatics – an overview. In: Proteomics and Metabolomics. [in Polish language] A. Kraj and J. Silberring (eds.) Editor: University of Warsaw, Poland, 2010.
- W Rozek and P Ciborowski. Proteomics and Genomics. In: Neuroimmune Pharmacology, (HE Gendelman and T Ikezu, eds.), Springer, Inc. 2008.
- P Ciborowski* and H Ali. Bioinformatics In: Proteomics: Introduction to Methods and Applications. A Kraj and J Silberring (eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2008. *- corresponding author.
- P Ciborowski and J Silberring. Co-editors. The cross-roads of proteomics and analytical chemistry. Elsevier, Inc. – signed contract
- M Wojtkiewicz, K Barnett and P Ciborowski. Protein identification by mass spectrometry: Proteomics. In:Current Laboratory Methods in Neuroscience Research. H Xiong, and HE Gendelman, eds. Springer, Inc. 2012 – invited contributor.
- G Pottiez, and P Ciborowski. Proteomic Profiling of Cerebrospinal Fluid. In: Expression Profiling in Neuroscience. (Y. Karamanos, ed.) Humana Press, Inc. 2011.
- N Haverland, and P Ciborowski. Protein Profiling of the Brain: Proteomics of Isolated Tissues and Cells. In: Expression Profiling in Neuroscience. (Y. Karamanos, ed.) Humana Press, Inc. 2011.
- M. Wojtkiewicz and P Ciborowski. Profiling of HIV proteins in Cerebrospinal Fluid. In: Expression Profiling in Neuroscience. (Y. Karamanos, ed.) Humana press, Inc. 2011.
“Biomarkers for the Diagnosis of Cognitive Impairment” H.E. Gendelman, W. Rozek and P. Ciborowski, Docket No. 08014P, Serial No. 61/068,171, Filing Date: March 5, 2008.