Travis Lewis High School Scholarship Award
The Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience is proud to announce an open competition for the Travis B. Lewis Scholarship Award for outstanding high school students desiring a career in science and medicine.
This award is made possible through a generous private donation and will provide a summer stipend, an award plaque and the opportunity to work for up to 10 weeks in a premiere research program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Students will work side-by-side with faculty and graduate students in state-of-the-art facilities.
Investigators study HIV-1 associated dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
Objectives are to
- Broaden a student’s scientific knowledge and awareness of neurodegenerative disorders
- Promote student interest in science and research
- Teach scientific techniques and the principles of hypothesis-driven research
- Provide an opportunity to participate in world-class research in the areas of virology, immunology neurodegeneration and neuroregeneration
Students with strong academic qualifications in science and mathematics are invited to complete the on-line application (apply to the Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience section); forward a letter of recommendation from their advisor, a personal statement letter, and transcript to us by March 1, 2013.
2013 Start Date: June 3; End Date: TBA
Note: Preference is given to students from Nebraska and surrounding areas.
- Degree Track
Course of Study
Cost of Study
- Core Facilities
About UNMC and Omaha
- Summer Research Opportunities
2012 SURP Presentations
- Faculty Publications