Visit neurotoxicology neuroimmunology and regenerative therapy laboratory
Yunlong Huang, PhD
Member Jialin Zheng, MD's neuroimmunology and regenerative therapy laboratory
Durham Research Center II, 3069
985930 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5930
Keywords: HIV-1, macrophage, TRAIL
My goal is to develop new therapies to tackle infectious or inflammatory diseases in the central nervous system, including HIV-1 associated neurocognitive disorders (HAND).
Ongoing projects include:
- Neuropathogenesis of HAND, focusing on the molecular mechanisms of neuroinflammation, neuronal injury and exitotoxicity, and the important role of glutamate-generating enzyme glutaminase in these processes
- Immunopathogenesis of HIV-1 in macrophages, particularly the antiviral effect of TRAIL, pro-apoptotic role of FOXO3a, micro RNA regulation, and innate immune response of macrophages to HIV-1 infection.
- Huang Y, Erdmann N, Peng H, Herek S, Davis JS, Luo X, Ikezu T, Zheng J. TRAIL-mediated apoptosis in HIV-1-infected macrophages is dependent on the inhibition of Akt-1 phosphorylation. J Immunol. 2006 Aug 15;177(4):2304-13
- Huang Y, Walstrom A, Zhang L, Zhao Y, Cui M, Ye L, Zheng JC. Type I Interferons and Interferon Regulatory Factors Regulate TNF-Related Apoptosis-Inducing Ligand (TRAIL) in HIV-1-Infected Macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2009; 4(4): e5397
- Wu Y, Peng H, Cui M, Whitney NP, Huang Y, Zheng JC. CXCL12 Increases Human Neural Progenitor Cell Proliferation Through Akt-1/FOXO3a Signaling Pathway. J Neurochem. 2009 May;109(4):1157-67
- Erdmann N, Tian C, Huang Y, Zhao J, Herek S, Curthoys N, Zheng J. In vitro glutaminase regulation and mechanisms of glutamate generation in HIV-1-infected macrophage. J Neurochem. 2009 Apr;109(2):551-61
- Cui M, Huang Y, Zhao Y, Zheng J. New insights for FOXO and cell-fate decision in HIV infection and HIV associated neurocognitive disorder. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;665:143-59